Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Project Planning for the New Year 2012

Here are the 2 projects that  have been in my mind for quite some time (2 years, at least):
  • Simple classic lolita dress
  • Elhaym (from Xenogears) cosplay

I have been spending a significant amount of my free time doing research on how I should approach these projects. I have also purchased several sewing and patternmaking books to aid me during my journey. All that is left is to put all the research and information I've gathered into practice!

The Christmas and year-end sales at FabricMart and Fabric.com have successfully seduced my bargain-weak self. Before I knew it, 30lbs of fabric are coming my way. What have I gotten myself into? It looks like I have to move forward or risk an acute buyer's remorse. I owe you some photographs.

For the "warm-up", I've decided to sew a simple dress based on Butterick B4443 style C. I'll be making use of my cream cotton sateen and printed cotton for the project. Several changes would have to be made so the design will fit the lolita fashion aesthetics better. Will this project be as simple as I had thought it would be? We'll find out soon...

I found these bundles of joy as I was reorganizing my mini fabric stash--don't judge me! ;"D

I have prepared the bobbins, washed the fabric that I'm going to use and I'm ready to start tracing my pattern pieces. I still need to work on my construction plan sheets, though. Hopefully, I will be able to start fitting the bodice next week.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Not long after, I started thinking about cosplaying cousin Dipp from the Katamari series for Halloween. A friend of mine had generously offered her Arduino skills to help make my dream of disco-light Dipp cosplay a reality. However, let's save that project for later. Actually, let's make this paragraph really small and barely legible so I don't dwell on it prematurely.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment